Monday, April 16, 2007

The hills have eyes? Well the mid Texas plains have big, misshapen heads

This weekend was parents weekend in my new little town, and the population quadrupled. Being that I work for a big retail establishment (we are number #1 in loitering) , I was in the joyous position of selling book to some very interesting people, many of them actually circus people, or so I was lead to believe by the emptiness in their eyes, and their misshapen heads. Parents all, of those young future alligator boys and elephant riders to come. I am of course focusing on the bad, I'm sure there where many nice normal people crossing my check out counter, but good lord, when I was in college I do not remember that many freaks at my parent weekends. I don't even think my parents came to my parent weekends. So I have to wonder if it is the fault of these families, that my new little town comes with such a big reputation for foolishness that goes back so far it has become traditional? Does this town, this school, attract these strange pinheads because of its reputation, or did they cause it, or a little bit of both. Honestly since I've been here, everyone has been really kind (even the kids working at the Sonic drive through are polite, though clearly stoned, hence working at Sonic drive through) , I've come across very few cases that would lead me to believe that all the jokes about this place are anything but a cruel trick by the "enemy at large". But parents weekend has me rethinking everything. Imagine a football team made up entirely of the progeny of circus strongmen. Wow, what power, but at the price of being able to follow all the simplest of commands.

8 comments:

Dagromm said...

Well, that's Republicans for you. If it makes you feel any better about it, they probably are wealthier than you and I as well. Actually, that makes me more depressed.

Cyber D said...

I'd love to see that football team... but if 300 is any indication of physical prowess, deformaties only serve to weaken the species and they shoulda all be thrown off a cliff.

Nate said...

Is that why the women have big hair? To hide the pointy noggins

Pokiman said...

Actually, I think a whole lot about Texas could be explained by it's general lack of cliff. This much flat just begs for crazy to move here.

Dagromm said...

Good call P-man!!!

Cyber D said...

So vast tracks of flat-land equates to bunches of crazies? Point taken...

*scratches on note-pad*

(Don't move to South Dakota)

Pokiman said...

Rasputin was from Siberia, and they calLED HIM MAD! So yeah, I'd say thats the equation cyb.

Cyber D said...

Poki, might I make a recommendation. In the in-betwix days where you aren't blogging your genius diatribe, you should add a little more detail to your profile and pick a wicked avatar. I'm dying to know how Poki sees "himself" on the world wide web.