Wednesday, April 4, 2007

40 year old virgin? NO! (but I have been invited to play AD&D)

I've recently moved to a new town, and have a new job with new coworkers. I've been playing it pretty cool. I got the wit turned up really high, and am trying to keep my geek in check. Yet somehow they know. Was I invited to go to the local chillifest? No, but hey that's alright, T was brand new. Was I ask to join the weekly poker game? Yes, but only after a regular player dropped out of the game, and that was a night I was scheduled to close anyways. BUT when a new weekly game of dungeons and dragons 3.5 is brewing, there was apparently a rush to see if I was in...I could be "any race that doesn't have the ability to jump planes" ...whats wrong with me, there was a time I would be all over this. Now it feels a little lame. Is it the circumstances? Coworkers, people I still don't really know. Is it the fact that I know nothing will ever live up to my college gaming experiences? Is it simply the fact that "any race that doesn't have the ability to jump planes", sounds kind of lame? Maybe if some hot young nubile honey walked up to me and whispered in my ear, "Shadowrun LARP...no trolls, or cyberhackers", then maybe I would consider it, it having the potential to be a pretty cool RPG experience, or whatever. As it is, I have zero interest in getting involved in anything in which I can pick "any race that doesn't have the ability to jump planes". PLEASE, if you can't jump planes, then whats the point?

I just mostly want thank Cyberman for reminding me of Thrud...perhaps old T should be resurrected for one more embarrassing round...I can guarantee that would be the last of Thrud, and the last of any respect I get at work...but it might, IT JUST MIGHT, be fun.

17 comments:

Nate said...

Thrud never dies. He's the man!

Cyber D said...

Thrud! Thrud! Thrud! Thrud!

Cyber D said...

Oh and, Poki... I completely agree... that "planes" statement alone disqualifies anyone in that RPG group of having a single original idea in their heads. Damn RPG lemings drive me nuts!

Nate said...

My biggest problem with trying to understand this thread is "jump planes"

In my weekend fun group "jump planes" is a plural noun.

Q said...

I don't even understand what all of this is. Is this some sort of game? Who is Thrud? A character? are you starting some sort of stage play? Can I join your theater troupe if you are?

Yours Enthusiastically,
Q

Dagromm said...

So you can't be the Hulk? He could jump planes or helicopters or like a bunch of stuff.

Pokiman said...

I wish we had video footage of our years of silliness in the 2nd floor study room. That was some of the most fun I can ever remember having, ever. On a similar subject, I still have some VHS tapes of Cyb, Gy, and Dag "in action". "Messing around" in Dag's old place of "business" afterhours, playing with each other, and constantly saying "we wish you were here with your little guys". Have I mention table top strategy gaming in this comment yet? That would be weird.

Cyber D said...

dear lord in heaven. in a desperate attempt to cling to the memories of my own pathetic youth, I beg you to send us copies of that tape. I completely forgot about that night. I too wish we had some lasting footage of those dorm antics.

Pokiman said...

"send us copies of that tape"? I was actually hoping for a "we should get together sometime and watch those tapes", as I am now living a hour closer to the big city in the north than I used to ...but nooooo, just send a copy, like I'm netflix all of the sudden. You'll probably do the same thing I do when I put one of those old tapes in. Think "Awwwwwwe, good times", and then get bored after about five minutes. Those games took a long...time...to...set...up.

Nate said...

Is it time to plan blog blowout 2007 at Dagromm's house?

Cyber D said...

I think it is.

Q said...

I believe it is called DAGAPALOOZA. And I am good any week after June 1-3...

Cyber D said...

Poki, Of course you know there is an open invitation to come and visit and relive all those glorious days gone by.

Nate said...

I'm working on some dates where I can get a good ticket....details to follow!

Pokiman said...

I am so totally up for it. But I have some particular dates here and there that will be tied up...We shall see, I'm sure I can work it out. I can't wait.

Nate said...

Start looking at June 15-16

Cyber D said...

What happened to that post every tuesday? Have we lost you already, Poki?